facebook facebook

About Us

Mission Statement: Helping Up Mission provides hope to the poor and homeless. We do this through programs designed to meet their individual physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs.

We are both an overnight shelter and a destination for long-term addiction recovery. We believe every man is equally deserving of our help, because every man is equally in need of God’s grace. Please take a few minutes to learn more about our transformational ministry. Help us change lives.

Our story began in 1885, when we opened our doors to the community’s poor and homeless. Since World War II, our focus has evolved to help addicted men experience the abundant life God intends.

Read More »

More about Helping Up Mission and the men we serve.

Read More »

Meet the men and women responsible for daily ministry and operations at Helping Up Mission.

Read More »

Meet the visionaries behind our work.

Read More »

A large group of local businesses, churches, organizations and others that share the commitment to bring healing to thousands in Greater Baltimore.

Read More »

Homelessness and addiction are, first and foremost, spiritual problems. We use Christ-centered tools to provide the spiritual solution that promotes recovery.

Read More »

Our campus covers an entire city block in the heart of Baltimore. Check out our Google Maps street view, or arrange a visit and tour.

Read More »
The one thing now that is always on my mind is that God had my back. I don’t always have to know the full picture and I don’t have to. All I have to do is listen and follow.
-Eric L., HUM Program Graduate